Whole Body Vibration Training
As the original inventors of equine vibration therapy, Vitafloor’s heavily researched products are veterinarian recommended to provide an incomparable non-invasive solution for training, rehabilitation and injury prevention.
The Vitafloor vibrating floor system is the innovator and international leader in equine vibration equipment offering versatile physical training and countless therapeutic benefits to horses. Vitafloor’s unparalleled vertical vibrating platforms are safe as well as easy to use. Vitafloor is the only vibration equipment in the world designed exclusively for horses and is based on the well known principles of Whole Body Vibration Training that are used to train astronauts to promote the development of muscle tone and bone density. Vitafloor is a proven and highly effective therapy for horses and is widely recognized by leading equestrians and veterinarians world-wide.
All Vitafloor models are safe, user-friendly and non-invasive. Vitafloor is comprised of a thick and ridged vibration platform with a layer of rubber on the top surface. The vibration motors facilitate the vibrating floor to gently vibrate at various frequencies based on the intended use, be it for training, rehabilitation or maintenance. Vitafloor is a fully computerized system with a timer that shuts the vibrations off automatically when the program has run. The built-in models can be made to match the specific measurements of your stall, grooming area or horse trailer and configured to meet the electrical requirements in your country. These models also have an option for an integrated tilt mechanism that gently tilts the sides of the vibrating floor at regular intervals thereby activating the muscles of the animal to provide an increased effect.
Vitafloor Facts and Advantages
- - Significant muscle power increases after only 10 minutes per day for 10 days on the Vitafloor.
- - Horses trained on the Vitafloor can accelerate faster from standstill and develop more elevation in their stride. With trotters, elasticity and flexibility increase.
- - Tests show it has a positive effect on the warming up by causing less energy to be needed for the transition into trot.
- - The Vitafloor benefits and shortens the recovery processes, especially of tendon injuries.
- - Shorter training sessions necessary so less man hours needed for more power, flexibility and stamina in your horses.
- - Less risk for muscle or tendon tears and bone fractures.
- - Competitive advantage due to greater acceleration with less energy exerted.
- - Enables horses to be rehabilitated with less supervision, so less labor-intensive.
- - Very suitable and effective for rehabilitating horses on box-rest or too difficult to manage in hand.
- - Bone scans at UC Davis show Vitafloor regenerates bone density not just in the legs, but also in the ribs.
- - Vitafloor stimulates blood circulation through the entire body.
- - By placing your hands on the horse, you can feel the vibrations from the Vitafloor all the way up through the shoulders.
- - Vibration training is the non-invasive only treatment with a documented positive effect on osteoporosis (brittle bones) and the disease Silicosis.
- - Increase of bone density by up to 20% (human study).
- - Helps in the prevention and treatment of colic.
- - Vitafloor also helps in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, joint soreness, laminitis, and navicular disease.
- - Stimulates healthier and faster hoof growth – important for horses with hoof problems.
- - Lowers cortisol levels for relaxation.
- - Vibration training uses energy and burns fat.
- - Vibration training raises production of testosterone.
- - Preliminary veterinary studies show Vitafloor helps increase some back muscles and promotes suppleness.
- - Horses (and owners) love it!
Equine Health Centre Ltd.
Phone: 01458 251 300